As published in the Warren Times Observer on November 16, 2016:
On Friday, November 11, 2016, North Star Lodge No. 241 of Warren made a visit to the Warren Manor nursing facility in Pleasant Township, to honor 18 residents who currently reside there and have served in our armed forces.
The Lodge presented each veteran with a pin from the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania and recognized them for their service.
Room visits were made to those who could not attend. Each veteran shared some of their favorite and most memorable moments encountered during their time in the service. The Lodge also held a presentation for all those prisoners of war and missing in action with the Missing Man Table. The night ended with refreshments and Taps played by Bro. Ryan Knopf, Worshipful Master, which helped all in attendance to remember those who have served this wonderful country.
North Star Lodge No. 241 would like to thank all past and present military members who have served their country. The Warren Manor would also like to thank all who served and would like to send the Masons a special thank you for putting on a heartwarming program which the residents greatly enjoyed.
Bro. Ryan Knopf, WM, presents a pin to Veteran John Sanders, who served in the Army from 1953-1955 as a military policeman at the time of the Korean Conflict.
Warren Area Veterans Honored by North Star Lodge
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- District Traveling Tools - Where Are They Now?
- Welcome our New DDGM, Bro. Ryan D. Knopf
- Seawolves Game and Picnic on July 28th, 2018
- Hooked on Books Spelling Bee - April 24
- Congratulations to our New Grand Master
- Erie Area One Day Class A Success - September 23, 2017
- 24th District School Picnic
- 24th District Team Wins the 2017 Hooked on Books for Kids Spelling Bee
- Join the Tyrians on their Pilgrimage
- Rainbow Girls Looking to Return to the Erie Region
CHIP kids Tyrian-Commonwealth Oasis Fun Traveling Towel NorthStar Erie Philharmonic 24th District Lake Erie Lodge No. 347 Traveling Gavel Community The 347 Family Perry-Keystone